LT1200 Liftra Self-Hoisting Crane
CRANELESS REPLACEMENT OF MAJOR COMPONENTS
The Liftra Self-Hoisting Crane is a cost-effective and universal solution for major component replacement, eliminating the need for large, expensive conventional cranes. The LT1200 can be used to exchange all major components, ranging from gearboxes, generators, transformers to blades, and even rotors up to 72 ton.
Conceptually, the LT1200 Self-Hoisting Crane builds on the LT1000 Self-Hoisting Crane, which has replaced over 750 gearboxes worldwide. While lifting capacity has been significantly increased on the LT1200, it offers the same mobility and flexibility.
Like its predecessor, the LT1200 Self-Hoisting Crane is transported in a single 40-foot container, and the crane base in a separate container solution. This means that no prior ground work is required, and the on-site footprint is kept to a minimum.
Equipped with advanced plug-in hybrid battery technology, the LT1200 runs more efficiently. The battery recharges when components are lowered from the nacelle, and if necessary, the crane can plug into the turbine or another external generator.
On-site, the first step is to install a crane base inside the nacelle, which can be done before the crane arrives. A hoist block is then lifted, threading wires from the crane container to the base. The crane itself climbs the wires from the container and mounts onto the base. From there, no further assembly is required.
As the winch and electric motor is kept in the container down-tower, the weight of the full up-tower structure is merely 15-17 tons.
- Lifts all major components, including gearboxes, generators, transformers, main bearings, and even rotors up to 72 tons
- Changes blades and blade bearings up to 35 tons with the Blade Skylark
- Transported in a single 40 ft container; crane base in a custom container
- Compatible with LT1000 crane bases
- Default reach of 7 m; can be extended to 10 m for lighter components
- Plug-in Hybrid Battery, with option to hook into turbine
- Operates at wind speeds up to 18 m/s
- Full up-tower structure weighs 15-17 tons
- Hub heights up to 170 m
- Small footprint with single down-tower container
- Reduces mobilization scope and costs
- LT1000 certified operators can be upgraded to LT1200 Crane
- Entire crane operation takes 3-6 days, from turbine shutdown to restart for normal operation, depending on component and turbine type