LT1000 Liftra Self-Hoisting Crane
Craneless Replacement of Major Components
The Self-Hoisting Crane eliminates the need for large mobile cranes when changing major components. The crane climbs from its container to the nacelle, suspended and guided by its own wires. Atop the turbine, the crane turns 180 degrees and installs on its base inside the nacelle, ready for operation.
The Self-Hoisting Crane itself comes in a single 40 ft container. The crane base comes in a separate 12 ft container.
We continue to develop crane bases for more turbine models. Current turbines include:
- Siemens 2.3 MW
- The GE 1.5/1.6 MW platform
- The Nordex 2.5 MW platform
- The Vestas/Gamesa 2 MW platform (V80, V90, V100, V110, G8x, G9x)
- Vestas/NEG Micon V82, NM82, NM72
- Eliminates the need for mobile cranes
- Reduces mobilization scope and costs
- Operates at higher wind velocities (up to 18 m/s gusts)
- Install base in 1-2 days
- Install crane, change major component and uninstall crane in 1 day
- Uninstall base in 1-2 days
- WLL 24 ton
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 738925.